Position Title: General Laborer
Reports to: Site Leader
Location: Linden, NJ
FLSA exemption status: Non-exempt
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Operations Manager and/or the Site Leader, a General Laborer performs a
variety of tasks under close supervision of higher-level employees across multiple areas of plant/facility
operations at the Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility. These tasks may include assisting with extra workload, supplementing absences and
vacations where applicable ad supplementing work crews to meet unusual changes in production areas or
due to weather, etc. Such activities shall be performed within the guidelines set forth by company and
site policy/procedure for safety, health, environmental and other regulatory requirement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Cleans and lubricates equipment, maintains a manufacturing area free from debris and dirt, and
readies or puts away tools as assigned.
· Closely follows directions to operate machinery, hold or supply materials and tools, and load or
unload items on machinery and assembly lines.
· Cares for property by cutting grass, repairing yard, pulling and discarding weeds, or shoveling and
· Performs any unskilled job at the plant.
· May be trained to act as forklift operator when normal operator is out.
· Reports any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Previous experience preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Job training for this position is provided by department trainer or site level supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness and ability to take direction and give input to superior employees
· Team oriented (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
· Versatility and willingness to perform multiple tasks across a variety of basic skill sets as needed.
Working Conditions and Requirements
· Direct exposure to heat, cold, humidity and outdoor weather conditions.
· Ability to cover odd shifts and work overtime as required by upset conditions or planned
· Regularly ascends/descends a ladder or other elevated surfaces
· Frequently moves/lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds across work area
· Frequently lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds to a height of 3-4feet and load into or off of
· Regularly communicates, detects, converses and must be able to convey, express, and exchange
· Prolonged periods standing and walking
· Frequently needs to be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Required to use a respirator, safety harness, and other personal protective equipment as
required by site or regulatory policy and procedure.
· Regular exposure to heavy industrial equipment.
· Occasional operation of mobile equipment (forklift, loader, etc.)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.