August 2, 2021
Position Title: Maintenance Helper
Department: Operations and Maintenance
Reports to: Site Leader
Location: Linden, NJ
FLSA exemption status: Non-exempt
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Operations Manager and/or the Site Leader, a Maintenance Helper performs
a variety of tasks under close supervision of higher-level employees across multiple areas of plant/facility
maintenance operations at the Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility. These tasks may include assisting with extra workload, supplementing absences
and vacations where applicable and supplementing work crews to meet unusual changes in production
areas or due to weather, etc. Such activities shall be performed within the guidelines set forth by
company and site policy/procedure for safety, health, environmental and other regulatory requirement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Cleans and lubricates equipment, maintains a manufacturing area free from debris and dirt, and
readies or puts away tools as assigned.
· Closely follows directions to operate machinery, hold or supply materials and tools, and load or
unload items on machinery and assembly lines.
· Cares for maintenance supplies and assets by performing general cleaning, lubricating and
recommended care as needed in support of the site/facility maintenance plans
· Performs any unskilled maintenance task at the plant.
· May be trained to act as forklift operator when normal operator is out.
· Reports any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Previous experience preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Job training for this position is provided by department trainer or site level supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness and ability to take direction and give input to superior employees
· Team oriented (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
· Versatility and willingness to perform multiple tasks across a variety of basic skill sets as needed.
Working Conditions and Requirements
· Direct exposure to heat, cold, humidity and outdoor weather conditions.
· Ability to cover odd shifts and work overtime as required by upset conditions or planned
· Regularly ascends/descends a ladder or other elevated surfaces
· Frequently moves/lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds across work area
· Frequently lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds to a height of 3-4feet and load into or off of
· Regularly communicates, detects, converses and must be able to convey, express, and exchange
· Prolonged periods standing and walking
· Frequently needs to be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Required to use a respirator, safety harness, and other personal protective equipment as
required by site or regulatory policy and procedure.
· Regular exposure to heavy industrial equipment.
· Occasional operation of mobile equipment (forklift, loader, etc.)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.
Subscribe to receive monthly updates from us!
From the Archives
Interested in previous editions of the Aries Clean Energy Newsletter? Explore past newsletters in our archives.Explore