January 26, 2022
Position Title: Project Development Engineer
Reports to: Director, Engineering
Location: Franklin, TN / Remote
This position requires up to 50% of travel
FLSA exemption status: Exempt
Aries Clean Technologies is developing a pipeline of waste recycling bio-energy projects based on its commercial proprietary Fluidized Bed and Down Draft gasification technologies to deploy at targeted sites across the US. In multiple locations across the US, Aries is developing large-scale facilities for the disposition of domestic wastewater treatment sludge as a landfill diversion solution. The Project Development is responsible for the project technical feasibility definition and evaluation of new opportunities from identification through business opportunity approval stage or financial close. The Project Development engineer will work closely with and support the Director, Business Development for the assigned region and project.
Please apply here or sent resume to email@example.com
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to client requirements.
- Site selection technical due diligence and collaborating with owners and agencies to scope the project
- Function as primary contact for client technical queries and concerns.
- Work with the environmental and permitting engineer to define required permits and provide support for permit application information needs
- Prepare, issue, and evaluate RFP’s and contract with consultants
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans.
- Develop and prepare FEL-1 through FEL-3 project packages alongside Company staff with project plan, schedule, and budget. Identify and manage resources to meet project requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Finance teams to prepare techno-economic analysis and options for identified opportunities.
- Develop presentations for internal and external use as needed.
- Identify and evaluate cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity.
- Interact with customers to clearly understand business needs and expectations.
- Build positive working relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides oversight to lead discipline engineers, project administrators, project controls representatives, third-party contractors, and procurement representatives assigned to the project.
- Maintain the project budget and manage change
- Review deliverables prepared by team and third-party contractors prior to submittal
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and Monitor receivables for project
- Analyses project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Ensure proper closeout of project including transmittal of final documentation to client
- Coordinate all equipment acquisitions through Aries Equipment Supply Department
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years working experience
- 10+ years project development or project execution experience
- Project management courses completed will be an advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Good organizational skills and a flexible approach in planning and promoting work to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of codes and standards
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external resources
- Practical experience in dealing and negotiating with external consultants and contractors
- Project management experience with developing projects from concept to financial close
- Working knowledge of environmental and permitting requirements and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Office Knowledge of engineering management systems (Stage gate processes), MS Projects and/or Primavera 6.0
- Excellent innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Cost estimating experience
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective written/verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Self-starter and assertive who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality
- Self-motivated to accomplish the individual and company goals and objectives
- Team-oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g., ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.
Subscribe to receive monthly updates from us!
From the Archives
Interested in previous editions of the Aries Clean Energy Newsletter? Explore past newsletters in our archives.Explore