Position Title: Linden Site Lead
Reports to: Senior Vice President Operations
Location: Linden, NJ
FLSA exemption status: Exempt
Aries Clean Technologies is paving the way to a greener, cleaner new world. Our operations is in need of the Site Lead for the Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility located in Linden, NJ.
Please apply here or email your resume to email@example.com
The Site Lead reports to the O&M Manager and is in charge of the facility. The Site Lead performs skilled tasks associated with the day-to-day operations and tactical oversight in the Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility and related facilities in Linden, New Jersey. The position requires performing duties requiring specialized knowledge; monitoring the plant performance and developing new ideas and measures to sustain and/or improve availability, reliability and production performance and provides administrative support to the Operations Manager; and performs related work as required.
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
- Directs the day-to-day shift operations of the Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility
- Ensures adequate reporting of process information and metric attainment to Operations Manager
- Manages shift schedules in support of strategic and tactical objectives of the facility and company and with communication to the Operations Manager to ensure 100% coverage for all working shifts in a 24/7 production facility
- Reads meters, gauges, charts and instruments associated with the monitoring of operations and maintenance activities and performance to target objectives to suggest and drive adjustments to processes necessary to ensure proper operations
- Monitors and reports overall daily, weekly, and monthly facility performance against target metrics to support overall business objectives
- Ensures procedure adherence of all operators and maintenance personnel regarding equipment and plant process operation
- Executes technical writing in support of updating facility operating and maintenance procedures to support continuous improvement and target attainment
- Monitors and provides feedback on facility troubleshooting to provide learning opportunities for all O&M staff in support of continuous improvement
- Supports development and execution of compliance and training programs required to achieve all necessary safety and regulatory reporting requirements along with continuous improvement
- Ensures adequate collection of samples and execution of analytical procedures and identifies and implements process control changes necessary for ongoing target operation of the facility processes
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters while complying with strict SHE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Performs record keeping functions such as logging plant operations, test results, maintenance work performed and unusual operating conditions; prepares, maintains and submits a variety of records and reports
- Ensures that required log entries made related to plant performance and status are complete and accurate across all operating shifts and job functions
- Responds to plant hazardous material spills, leaks, and emergencies
- Communicates plant concerns and proposes corrective/contingency plans to operations manager
- Assists in training new and developing operators in day-to-day job functions and general operations principles
- Supports and ensures execution of maintenance workflow (work request through work execution) to notify others of potentially unsafe, inefficient, environmentally unfriendly, or inoperable equipment for adequate resolution
Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED. Process Plant Technology Degree preferred.
- 10+ years plant operating experience
- 3-5 years plant leadership experience
- 6+ years in solids handling and solids processing or related industries (e.g., paper & pulp, gasification, power, etc)
- Prior experience in process plant operations highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to take direction and give input to operations manager in order to build cohesion.
- Team oriented (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
- Versatility and willingness to perform multiple tasks across a variety of skill sets as needed.
Work Environment and Special Requirements
- Work in a control room, field setting; exposure to cold, heat and humidity as plant is outdoors, noise, inclement weather, dust, dirt, vibration, chemicals, traffic, traffic hazards, confining workspace, odors, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, explosive hazards, and biohazards.
- Ability to work shifts including weekends, nights, and/or holidays; work protracted and irregular hours