Aries Clean Energy
February 25, 2020
Facts at a Glance
- 3 collaborative research facilities (mentioned above)
- 16 research programs
- Business volume – $491.8 million
- Publications – More than 1,700 scientific and technical materials published annually
- Partnerships – 871 active partnerships with industry, universities, foundations, and governments
- Technologies for licensing – 571 patents issued for NREL technologies to date
- Campus Size – 327 acres Golden, Colorado, main campus; 305 acres Flatirons Campus – home of wind research
- Employment – 2,700 employees, postdoctoral researchers, interns, visiting professionals, and subcontractors
- From 2014 to 2019 — 12,184 students visited NREL for an educational field trip
- 2020 marks the 30th year of both the Middle School Car Competition and the High School Science Bowl
- NREL raised $476,279 total supporting 413 charities and cause-areas
Want to know more? Plan a visit to NREL
Walking Campus Tour
Visitors to our main Golden campus will learn about our research and see how we are demonstrating clean energy technologies, reducing waste, and eliminating atmospheric pollution.
Tours are available at no charge and are held the third Monday of each month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The tour is a vigorous, outdoor walking tour, so visitors are urged to wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. Tours start at the NREL Education Center.
Participants must be 18 or older, a U.S. Citizen, and have a photo ID. Space is limited, and advance registration is required. Email the public tour organizer or call 303-384-6565 to make a reservation.